This article sums it up perfectly


No really - think about it. How many times have you found yourself in an ambiguous dating situation where you are not entirely sure where you stand with the other person? 
If you identify with that at all - you need to read this article and learn about Mark Manson’s law of Fuck Yes or Fuck No.
It is the best rule. And it applies to people who find themselves in the ambiguous grey area of dating. What is the grey area of dating? It’s this:
“She said she’s not interested, but she still flirts with me, so what do I need to do to get her?”
“Well, I know she likes me, but she didn’t call me back last weekend, what should I do?”
“He treats me well when he’s around, but he’s hardly around. What does that mean?”
We’ve all been there. It’s when the over analysis starts. It’s when we start to question our own actions and motives. It’s when, for some stupid reason, we feel like maybe we need to start convincing the other person that we’re worth it. It’s when we think about things SO HARD, we totally miss the point because, as Manson put it: 
If you’re in the grey area to begin with, you’ve already lost.
That’s right people - if you’re not entirely sure what the fuck is up with the person you are interested in seeing romantically and you can’t figure it out, you are already fighting a losing battle.
I, of course, learned this the hard way.  As you have read here it seems pretty Typical.
Even guys who don't make the time to meet me like:  he was working all of the time and not really able to hang out. Although, based on his Instagram feed, he was able to carve out time to go out with other people. Whatever. It’s fine.
Or the great date you go on but you stop hearing from them and you realize you are being  “slow faded” and rather than brush it off,  I started thinking about all the things I could have done differently to make him be more into me. Which is just stupid.
So from now on I am going to be thinking “Fuck this, I want someone who is PUMPED to be with me.”


I mean I have a guy right now that is all “if I manage to get a night off next week, do you maybe want to go get a drink or something?”
And I responded, “honestly, it seemed like you were brushing me off so I decided to make plans next week. and for the next month, for that matter.”
And we were done there.


Comments

Popular Posts