Sad songs, quotes to get you through, and Emergency Dance Party.


Music has always gotten me through everything in life. Relationships are no exception......maybe even moreso.

I have a system. I put on sad songs and look up things that make me nod my head and like they really know how I feel (I always seem to find them in the blogger world just when I need to)

I thought I would share some of what gets me though and it could help someone else. I would love to hear what you do, songs, quotes, all of that so please comment!!


First Song:

This little beauty came to me on a mixed CD from my best friend who I spent a lot of time crying with in person or over the phone about my current relationship. When I took a a internship in Missouri and he was supposed to come to and didn't I think she knew it was going to happen because she made me a really amazing girl power mix (sadly all my CD's were left behind when I had to quickly flee San Diego) but this song is still my go to heartbreak song.



My desires in a relationship have changed over time. I no longer want someone who promises to always love me and never leave me, I need someone who understands that life happens and sometimes things don’t work out. I don’t want someone who sugar coats things and never gets angry with me, I need someone to tell me how it really is and put me in my place. I need to be able to go five hours without talking to you and not feel lost or incomplete. I am complete without you. But with you, I want to be so much better. I want to be stronger with you. I want us to grow together and help each other grow individually. I don’t need you, but I really fucking want you. And this may not work out, but the fact that you understand all of this and this how our relationship works, makes me think we’ve got a pretty good shot.

I like to imagine with this beautiful number that this is whatever jerk has just broken my heart is left thinking......They should really I could of been the best thing to happen to them.


Relationships and people in general can really make you think, and you over think and its just crazy!! So the line the whole you ripped into my head really gets me.


Sometimes you don’t get closure. You just move on.

The one thing about dating is you never know if people mean what they say. Which is weird. I have had this happen where you are like ME too but someone thinks you are just saying something. I started just saying that talk is cheap and actions speak louder then words because I have had a lot of people tell me things but then I see no results from these words.


You cannot convince people to love you. This is an absolute rule. No one will ever give you love because you want him or her to give it. Real love moves freely in both directions. Don’t waste your time on anything else.
I'm a theatre nerd and when I discovered the last 5 years it not only became my new breakup movie it gave me a great breakup soundtrack, plus pretending to be a broadway star always makes me feel better.


A relit cigarette never tastes the same and that’s all I’ll preach on rekindling old flames.
I get a lot of guys that just call me when they are drunk, Horney, Lonely etc etc. So this song gets it.



Do you not understand?
I will not settle for anything less than a soul-deep, electrifying connection.



after my last breakup this was the song that got me and balled my head off and then had to redo my makeup and meet my aunt for a girls day which I met her at Disneyland and fell crossing the street and strangers ran out of their cars to help me.....it was a low day. 

You are on the floor crying,
and you have been on the floor crying 
for days.

And that is you being brave.
That is you getting through it
as best you know how. 
No one else can decide
What your tough looks like.



Its hard to give up on people. Sometimes you have to 

Sometimes it’s just done. Just walk away and move on. No ugly words. No formal goodbyes. Just no more.


Now I share with you my Emergency Dance Party Mix

I whenever I am sad have this moment where I just snap out of it play these songs and dance around my room and realize I am awesome, I have awesome friends, and a great life and one day someone will see that (or whatever is bringing me down in that moment.



I'm a 90s girl. Spice Girls will always make it better.





This is a great song when you stop caring and to just dance in your room

I can't not shake it like a Polaroid picture






Who doesn't need a song from the perfect guy and some rapping to make them feel better





This is also on my workout mix













Because sometimes you want someone to stay the night







This song is my life










I hope you guys enjoyed this because you all are pretty kick ass!!


Comments

Popular Posts