I adore this book



My roommate goes to the Library every tuesday and we reserve books to be picked up. Some come from other places. Some I am on a wait list for. I had put another book by this author on my list and when I was reading the plots of a lot of his other books I was like okay I want to read all of them!


Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a favorite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. But is Dash that right guy? Or are Dash and Lily only destined to trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations across New York? Could their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions? Or will they be a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?

I love this idea I wonder if I could pull it off. Yes this is a young adult book but I still enjoy it and find a lot of the themes relevant to my 28 year old life as well.

First it adds to my Disney nerdness like with lines that read "Tell me what you supercalifragawant?" and a fake Pixar movie about office supplies that fall in love.

Lines that read exactly what I to want:
I want to believe there is a somebody out there just for me. I want to believe that I exist to be there for that somebody

at the current part I am at a section where they talk about the girl and boy in your head. How you have the perfect one for you in your head and everyone else you date till you find "in-head" person is just helping you kill time but the scary part is when you meet the person you think is in your head you'll start to get to know them and realize no one can be completely what you want in your head.

I think this is oh so oh so true. Currently as I embark on meeting people the image in my head and if they don't meet that image I know that it probably won't go far unless they can surprise me!

I also realize that I sit in a weird place where most people don't picture their perfect person to have a disability and walk around with canes like the old guy from up, then again that person in your head you could marry them and one day then end up in a car accident. You have to ask yourself if you'd be willing to stay. I need to person that is willing to stay already.

I am half way though the book. I will keep you posted and I read and plot to do this as well in my own life :)

Comments

Popular Posts