A Cabin that's not so "cabin"

Twice now we've stayed in this cabin rental on Lake Hartwell, Ga. It's been really great to have more space for us and Nola when we're visiting Wes' family.




Our favorite part of this cabin is the huge master bedroom with attached bathroom on the first floor. It makes it so easy. This king sized bed is super comfortable and I think Nola and I could stay there all vacation.

The cabin is so beautiful. It really feels like a home away from home. The kitchen has all the modern conveniences, making it easy to make meals since the restaurant choices in Hartwell are slim. If you do go out to eat in the area I would recommend (shameless plug, it's owned by Wes' grandma!) the local Dairy Queen, especially for breakfast!

I love the view of the lake through the big windows. It's almost like you're eating outside! Nola and I have seen lots of deer walking by the windows in the mornings and afternoons. There is a dock on the lake for swimming or boating and the front porch has a fire pit, a table, a grill, and lounge chairs for sittin' a spell... because it is Georgia after all!


This is Wes's cousin, Daniel, who I got to spend time with this Christmas. Wes has three family members, including this cousin, who are legally blind. Furthermore, Wes' mom spent many years teaching special ed. Needless to say this was the first time meeting a boyfriends family where I wasn't concerned they were going to want him to break up with me due to my disability.

Daniel also has fairly severe autism and developmental disabilities. He's a hoot though, taking the opportunity to be silly on a regular basis. I spent a good deal of time talking to him and he loved the attention so much that he asked me to marry him on the condition that his favorite cousin (Wes) would also live with us. So it looks like I should announce on this blog that I am engaged... to my boyfriend's cousin. Hahah! (Was that the most southern statement ever?)



We actually had Christmas dinner at the house. This speaks to the space and the coziness of this cabin. Wes' mom and sister brought lots of decorations to make the house look like the holidays.



Its a beautiful place inside and out.  Nola and I think this is the place to stay if you're going to be visiting Lake Hartwell.



Comments

Popular Posts