Uber-cool Sparkle Rocket







The more I hear about this @drphil show the more I get angry. Because if this young 19 year old Kelly had heard all those things it would have crushed me. I’m in a great relationship now but I waited years, dealt with rejection because of my disability and dated.

I saw the people look past my dating profile for years and dealt with people who thought because I was disabled I would be easy. 
I’m so glad that out of this terrible dr. Phil thing the beautiful #100outof100came to be. If this girl in the photo had seen these beautiful post it would have made it easier. 
Let me give you what I did have because it did carry me through and might also help you you.

@cherylstrayed wrote a great advice book called dear sugar (go read it please) in one story a disabled person speaks about not finding love. Here is the words I read that changed everything:

a broken man— is not “just average on the inside.” Because of that, the journey you take to find love isn’t going to be average either. You’re going to have to be brave. You’re going to have to walk into the darkest woods without a stick. You aren’t conventionally attractive or even, as you say, “normal-looking,” and as you know already, a lot of people will immediately X you out as a romantic partner for this reason. That’s okay. You don’t need those people. By stepping aside, they’ve done you a favor. Because what you’ve got left after the fools have departed are the old souls and the true hearts. Those are the uber-cool sparkle rocket mind blowers we’re after. Those are the people worthy of your love.

You can read the whole thing if you google dear sugar beauty and the beast.

Hold out my loves for your Uber cool sparkle mind blowers it’s worth the wait!!! 


P.S. look at how tiny my cousin lily was.

Comments

Popular Posts