Mothers Day!




Mothers day is a big deal in my family. From ones still here to ones we've lost and we are all mothers in everyday like when we stepped up and took care of my cousins after my aunt died!

My mother and Grandmother were incredibly strong. My mother who at 18 gave birth to a 1 pound 14 ounces baby 3 1/2 months early and then stepped it up when she discovered she had Cerebral Palsy 6 months later.


To my grandma who was there as her rock through it.


My Grandma is hilarious, strong and kind. She also doesn't take shit from anyone though!

These women have given me so much and I know  I wouldn't be half the girl I am today if it wasn't for them!


We're very close and I know not everyone is that lucky!


I have had the chance to see other moms with their disabled children and I watch how they coddle and don't let them be their own person. I feel so lucky that my mom taught me that I could do whatever I wanted to do and to support me. I was never her Disabled child, I was her child.


But they also will always let me come lean on them if I need to.



My mom and grandma are also huge dog people. Which makes them wonderful dog moms!


Dogs are babies too!



They help me be mothering to children I meet and a good dog mom!

and now they welcome my boyfriend into the family as well and treat him just like a kid of their own.

and I get another mom in Wes's mom!


Comments

Popular Posts