Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving from us Wes and Kelly!

You might be asking who that beautiful 4 legged lady is with us and its crazy I haven't talked to you all about Nola my service dog!

I took part in the show rescue dog to service dog on animal planet and the paired me with a service dog to help fit the needs of my disability (12 others got this as well, you should check it out). Two trainers found Nola in a shelter  for me to work and learn to be my counter balence dog and help me walk without the assistance of my canes. We then work with the two trainers to get Nola to the point of being my service dog.



We filmed the show and it was a great experience but let me tell you they cut out a lot from the episode so for those of you that have seen it and have any questions please feel free to ask.

She goes most places with me and does really well. She's been to the movies, Disneyland, and so much more!


Nola is a 3 year old Great Dane and her color is Tri-colored Merle. She's my beautiful girl and such a wonderful dog!


Here we are at a local beach cleanup, LBclean. She has a special harness donated by bold lead designs and it has a special handle for me to hold onto is and is made so beautifully!


She went with us  to Georgia to meet Wes's family and did great. She even flies with us on the plane (she lays at our feet and little bit of the person in the row with us but no one seemed to mind) she did so well!


I'm thankful for everything I have as always but this Thanksgiving (My first with Nola) I'm so thankful for this addition to my family! 

Comments

Popular Posts